"Of all the questions you might want to ask / about angels, the only one you ever hear / is how many can dance on the head of a pin." -- Billy Collins, bio {Others' quotes}

4.10.2011

No Hell Below Us?

I predict whatever the future equivalent is for a doctoral thesis will focus on how people of our time were afraid of not being afraid.
jpg via HellHappens.com

Chad Holtz lost his job because he struggles with hell.  What did he do for a living? He was a pastor.
jpg via BeliefNet
Marrow Chapel in Henderson, North Carolina, dismissed him not because he doesn’t believe in hell but because he struggles with the concept.  Here are Pastor Holtz’s own words:
“I think justice comes and judgment will happen, but I don’t think that means an eternity of torment.  But I can understand why people in my church aren’t ready to leave that behind.  It’s something I’m still grappling with myself.”

SOURCE: by Robert Gelinas on his Jazz Theologian blog at BeliefNet

No comments:

Post a Comment